Friday, July 4, 2008

trashmans and doodlebops and stuff

I was getting ready to go to court one morning and I asked Callie “When you get a little older, do you want to come to court with me so I can show you how to be a lawyer?” She said, “Um, I don’t know… You can do something else, ok? I want to be a trashman and you can too.” I said, “A trashman?” She said “yes! They drive by in the trucks, you know. You could be a trashman with me. You could sit in the other seat. There are two seats I think. I don’t think you can drive though mom, you’re kind of old. When I grow up, I’m not going to be old and have to use a stick and say “Ohhhhh Ahhhh”. Emmy and daddy can be trashmans too, but they can’t go in our truck.” I said, “Well, we’ll be Callie's family Trash Removers!” Callie: “We pick up the trash! (said like it’s our slogan). Mom, Emmy and Daddy won’t be able to be trashmans because we pick up all the trash…. Mom, this room is a mess. I don’t have to pick up. You don’t have to pick it up. Emmy and Daddy have to do it because we’re trashmans!"



~~~~

My how things have changed over the last 6 years. Shad was reading the newspaper this morning and he said “Wow, Smashmouth played here last week.” A few second later: “HOLY CRA, the Doodlebops are playing in August!! It probably isn’t the real Doodlebops though, know what I mean? Well, we could fly home from vacation so the girls could see them. I don’t think we should tell them about the concert. Dude, how sad they’re going to miss it...” Poor Shad.

~~~~

I've learned today that Thomas is doing "updog". The girls do yoga weekly at school and pointed out this morning that Thomas does updog position when he's on his belly.

2 comments:

B.T.B.B. said...

Hey Leah! I just started this blogspot thing. Sooooo fun. Your kids are adorable. I love their sense of humor. Isn't it the greatest to hear their prayers? That is my favorite part of the day. Come check out our page. I am just figuring it out. Such a great way to check in. Hope to chat soon. Love, Trish

Unknown said...

Sunil wanted to be a trashman when he was Callie's age too. He liked how they hung off the side of the trash truck. He thought it was the coolest thing ever.

1
/h:sig>