Thursday, June 19, 2008

Emmy's First Violin Recital!

Tonight was Emmy's first violin recital. The little room was packed! I was so nervous for my little girl- my heart was skipping beats. I had tears in my eyes as she played. I am so proud of her. My little virtuoso :)

Emmy has been taking weekly private lessons since Decemberish. She's wanted to play the violin since she was like 2- we'd watch Andre Reui (sp?) on PBS and she'd watch him intently for hours.

She went back and forth on whether she was going to play at the recital. A friend of hers in her class also takes lessons and she sat in the audience and wouldn't play. She picked out her own special dress for the big night. She put it on in the store and pleaded with us to get it for her. Her grandma ended up buying it for her, Emmy said she wouldn't leave the store without it, lol. When we were getting ready for her recital, she wanted to wear all the jewels she could. She had fancy hair things of every sort of color, but settled with a purty ladybug necklace as her sole accessory. I'll post pictures from the event later :)

Yay for Emmy Lou!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Great Job Emmy!!!!! It sounded beautiful. I am very proud of you to go up there all by yourself!!!!

Unknown said...

That was fantastic! Gooooo Emmy!

1
/h:sig>