Monday, June 16, 2008

Stuff

We're only a weekend into summer and I feel like we're on a roll, thank God. I was certainly worried the first day because the girls were so nutso and rambunctious. The girls are swimming every day, multiple times a day sometimes. We're going on daily walks. Emmy is loving spending the night at Grandma's house. Callie likes to stay with momma. Shad went back to visit his Grandma in Maryland and the girls and I had slumber parties. Callie and I had a duo slumber party one night while Emmy stayed with grandma. We ate popcorn and M n Ms and watched the waterhorse movie and, of course, Finding Nemo. Callie likes to stay with me, "I'll stay with you, momma. I'll be your teddy bear." She's my little buddy :) She loves to remind me that I'm getting old. Anytime I forget something or don't respond fast enough, it's "Oh, momma, you're getting old. You're just getting older and older. Poor momma."

Thomas is sitting up better now- he'll go minutes at a time before he headplants.

I think Emmy officially has a wiggly tooth. She is sooo excited. She's had a pre-wiggly tooth for a while now. She says she wiggles it everywhere and now I think it's pretty wiggly. This is our first loose tooth! A whole new adventure. Emmy has been talking about her teeth falling out for over a year. In her eyes, this really makes her a big girl.

What's one thing you don't want to hear from your kids when you have on a new outfit: "Mom, what's wrong? Your legs look so swollen!" Thanks, Emmy :)

To counter this, a few weeks ago, Emmy and I were getting ready and she had on some wild outfit and we were both in front of the mirror and she said, "Wow, mom, we are lookin' good tonight!" That same night she told me to ring grandma's doorbell and "tell grandma you have some sophisticated ladies here tonight"- a la Punky Brewster :)

Emmy and Callie are "The Bo Bo Sisters" I asked Emmy why they were the Bo Bo sisters and she said "You know, like on Diego there are the Bo Bo Brothers. We're the Bo Bo sisters. We help people." It's kind of cute b/c this will pop up every several weeks- the girls were sitting there eating the other night and Callie looks up at Emmy and says sweetly, "We're Bo Bo sisters, right, Emmy?" Crazy girls.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

How much is the toothfairy going to leave Emmy? Don't let her leave her too much, because I don't want Maycee to get any ideas in a couple years.

1
/h:sig>