
Look who can sit up. This picture was from about a week and a half ago or so. He could sit up for several seconds if he was positioned just right. Today he sat up for a minute or more while he was chewing on a blanket. He'd balance himself and kept himself from falling over quite a bit. Soon he'll be sitting up regularly without needing one of us by him to catch him :) The boppy doesn't do us much good yet for sitting up last time we tried. he topples over it, going head first into the carpet. but it's no matter for Thomas. He looks up and smiles. He rolls now from back to tummy, just did it last week. He's only rolled from back to tummy a handful of time, twice today. He moves when he's on his tummy- he goes in circles and is swimming, trying to move. 

So he's had about 6 jars of babyfood so far. In these pictures below, this was his first time eating, he got fed carrots from his sisters. They love that he's eating solids and so does he. I thought it would take him a while to figure it out, but he had no problem at all. I forget how much the girls ate, but he eats a whole jar in nothing flat and shows no signs of being full at all. I have given him just one jar at night. Doc wanted me to wait until 6 months, but he dives for our food and is such a good nurser (hence his nickname Bubba) that I feel sorry for my little chubby boy. He wants food! So from these few jars of food, though, we already have digestion problems. he's only had carrots and sweet potatoes until tonight when I gave him prunes to help him deal with all this new stuff. I think I'm going to hold off on solids a bit more. It's just more problems for the little guy. He really does love it though. Tonight he got some prunes on his hands and he loved smearing it around the high chair tray :) 


Emmy had a hold of him in this picture and was kissing him, I thought his expression was so cute.



Emmy had a hold of him in this picture and was kissing him, I thought his expression was so cute.

Mamma and her little guy :) I never thought I could love a boy so much. I really do dig him. I think I'm going to be a horrible mother in law for his wife someday. I just know I'll always think he walks on water. The boy is perfect: handsome, smart, funny, optimistic, sincere (you can tell it from his eyes), dresses well, comes from the perfect family.... I'm in love :) I can't imagine giving him up :( So I won't! 

Thomas still isn't much of a sleeper. I have learned something new about him though. He'll fight me when he's nursing and I know he's tired (for Thomas always eats when he's given the opportunity, or at least he's happy to be so close to his food source- so he'll sit by the boob and smile happily at me) so before I'd give him his pacifier and hold him. Well he'd thrash around and really fight sleep. I've learned this means he's done with me- he just wants to be put down. So now if he doesn't want to eat and he's fussy, I give him his pacifier, lay him on his side, pat him a little, and he's off to sleep in seconds. It's NICE. Now he still doesn't sleep more than a half hour or 45 minutes (though today he did go about an hour, but that was a rarity). So maybe he'll stay easy to put to sleep and hopefully he'll learn to sleep longer stretches! Even at night he's up all night eating. At least the boy sleeps in-80% of the time, he's the last one in bed in the mornings! I just might have a sleeper-inner! If only we could get Callie to stay asleep past 6....
No comments:
Post a Comment