

So we had a lot of fun at our first tennis lesson. It's kind of fun to be old and have this type of extracurricular. We each had some really impressive moments, and some that made us laugh! We made our plans to move into Sun Lakes, join the flamboyant floozies and play tennis daily. We could eat muffins (belinda could bake them) in our golf cart on our way to the courts and drink orange juice with our visors on and stuff. What fun we'll have! Everyone thought Belinda was an advanced player infiltrating a beginner's class! All the other ladies were trying to figure out why she was soo good! Emmy told grandma that she didn't need to take tennis because there was nothing for "big people like you and mamma to do there." I left the house and everyone was screaming. Emmy wanted to watch us practice and/or play noggin.com, Callie didn't want me to go and thomas was screaming for some reason. Poor Shad. I came home and he fed everyone, Callie was asleep and Thomas was in his crib trying to go to sleep. Emmy was happy too. So I guess he handled it all just fine. We might get our three guys out there w/ lawn chairs and six packs so they can watch the fun. Oh, I think it would have been comedy had anyone been watching us tonight.
I wore my rainbows to practice and they got in the way and our coach said something about them so, note to self: do not wear flip flops to tennis practice :) I seriously didn't expect it to be as, um, physically demanding as it was! My mom needs a new racket- she was playing w/ a cheap juniors racket that weighed a hundred pounds, so we were trading off. Belinda invested in a new racket since she's going to be joining that country club and all. Belinda and I were like undefeated partners on one little drill. haha we have a future!
We're going to get some klean kanteens too- we are going to be the coolest tennis players in the town as soon as we get all of the cool gear. One girl had a way better outfit than any of the rest of us, she had tennis underarmor on and stuff. Serious.
I kept on talking about how we needed a photographer or a videographer to document our lesson so I could blog about it, the coach whipped out a video tape, lol! I was like, I'm kidding! So we were spared, no horrible videos of us flopping around on the court!
I am encouraging Belinda and my mom to journal about our experience, so maybe I can share their take on our exciting adventure as well. I would share more about our fun adventures, but I have tennis elbow- I must ice it now....
2 comments:
dude, you seriously wore flip flops to a tennis lesson? you guys should get cute white tennis outfits. That's the only reason I'd play. I'm getting really good a Wii Tennis.
It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. Let me know when your first tournament is, and I will bring my lawn chair and six pack.
Post a Comment