Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tennis and swimming

Belinda, my mom and I are going to take tennis lessons, hahaha. We're gonna rock. Belinda is doing it b/c she might join a country club at some point, I think tennis players look cool when they have that white towel over their shoulder after they play and stuff. My mom always wanted me to play tennis so I think that means she always wants to play tennis. So us old broads are going to take lessons Thursday nights- watch out Venus. I was thinking of putting the girls in lessons in the mornings, feeling them out about it. I think I have to show them all the different sports they can play so they can decide if they like any of them and want to pursue any of them. So anyway, tonight I was arguing with Emmy about getting ready for bed. I said to her, "if you want to play hardball with me, Emmy, you can just go to your room now." She stops, puts her hands on her hips, turns her head slightly and says, "Mom, it's Tennis. I'm not playing hardball, I'm playing tennis." lol. kids are funny.



Swimming lessons are going well. Callie is a little fish- doing so well, swimming on her own. She struggles when it's time to get a breath (she goes vertical and sinks, so yeah, not so good), but she jumps off the diving board w/a floatie, doing twisties and all sorts of fancy (scary to me) jumps, she jumps off the side of the pool and swims to the other side of the pool. She does very, very well. Emmy is swimming well too- she swims the length of an olympic size pool by herself. She's fast too- she's got a muscular build and I think she's going to be an olympic swimmer. She's learning the backstroke and working on continuing her arms while she takes a breath. She still won't jump off the diving board though- even triple floatied. She just started jumping off the blocks at practice, so the diving board won't be scary for much longer.



Thomas loves watching the girls swim. He just watches them and cracks up. he doesn't mind swimming with me, but he doesn't like being in his little pool by himself.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Good for you taking tennis lessons!!!!!!!! That will be fun for you guys!

1
/h:sig>