It's day 3 of our journey cross-country headed to the Grand American in Sparta, IL. We're driving down the 40 in Oklahoma and having a blast! I'm going to write now while things are fresh in my mind and I'll update with pictures later.
We left home after 6 on Friday and drove to Flagstaff where we stayed the night in a Denny's! :) It's the second time we've stayed at that Denny's. We woke to rain tapping down on our motorhome roof. We drove a few hours and saw a sign for Meteor Crater (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_Crater) and pulled off, not knowing what we'd see. We drove about 8 or 10 miles south and climbed a bunch of stairs, paid 30 bucks and went up more stairs, into a museum and then saw this huge crater! It was really neat and kind of scary. I guess the meteor came down 50,000 years ago, but I kinda wanted to duck and run as fast as we could. The kids really enjoyed it and have asked several times to go back already.
A few hours after that, after we passed through Winslow, AZ, and stopped at our first planned excursion- The Petrified Forest. This one was quite a ways off the highway. It was interesting to learn about the petrified forest, but not too interesting to see. I'm not sure I'd go back to this again. After getting back to the highway, we drove to Amarillo, Tx and met up with grandma and papa at the Amarillo Gun Club. we camped there for the night. at 8 or so we headed out toward MO to Meramac Caverns where we'll stay for the night.
I made healthy tv dinners for the girls for lunch ;0) and had to laugh that they could make picking out a dinner a fight. I have two each of two different kinds and they still fight over who's gonig to eat each one, lol.
In Arizona we passed a bunch of cows and it stunk a bit. Callie said "Eewww, Cows." A few seconds later she said "Cow milk!" and licked her lips. Emmy said, "Callie, do you know that milk comes from cow udders?" Callie says "no, Emmy, my milk comes from cows." Emmy says, "yeah, from udders". Callie says, "No, they have that butt, Emmy, have you seen it? Two butts and the milk comes out of one of them, the funny one." We all laughed, and this, of course, turned into butt/pooping humor. There's never really a dull moment, esp when we're all together in this little motorhome. We're having a great time, we might not be on the way home, but for now, we're having fun!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
1 comment:
I love your family.
Post a Comment