Wow, I can't believe how different my life was just 6 years ago. These past 6 years have been the best years of my life and they have passed by so quickly. I remember the days when I didn't have any babies. Then I remember having just Emmy and how I had the time to obsess about everything. Then we added in our little Callie bones and it was amazing to experience the depth of love and to really understand how love multiplies with each child, rather than divide. And now, here we are, in our always-exciting household. I really feel my family is complete (can you hear my mom sigh with relief?). We have our baby girls and now our little guy. I feel whole and so very, very blessed.
My little Callie turned 4 on the 10th. At 4, she's a smart, confident and happy little girl. I love how she wants to always hold my hand, how she's a mamma's girl, and how she is such a little daredevil. I love how she is open minded and patient and how words mean a lot to her. I love how she eats just the icing off of her cake, cupcakes and donuts. I love her dry sense of humor, her dramatic singing, her acting, and the little faces she makes. Callie loves being a big sister to Thomas and a little sister to Emmy.
Miss Emmy turned 6 on the 19th. Emmy is in charge of her world (and often our worlds:). I love that Emmy is thoughtful, caring and sincere. I love how she loves to ask waitresses and waiters for things, how she always wants to get store personnel involved in our searches. I love that she feels like such a grown up and how she likes to trick people into thinking that she's wherever she is by herself. I even love the fact that she's just as hard to put to sleep now as she was when she was a baby. Emmy always stands by her sister's side and her sister is really and truly her best friend.
I got two girls who are so alike in so many ways and in other ways are polar opposites. I got two girls who are both so genuine, caring, happy and smart. They are full of spunk and they truly just sparkle.
Thank you to all of you who took the time to make my girls feel special on their birthdays. The text messages, phone calls, emails, video messages, ecards, hugs and kisses meant the world to my girls and to me. Callie loved it when the phone rang on her birthday- she fell asleep getting a birthday wish from Karla. Emmy loved the "Happy Birthdays" as well. Emmy was even juggling phones at one point. I know they are little, but at 4 and 6, they do recognize and appreciate those acts.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
No comments:
Post a Comment