Next year at some point Emmy will be moving up to a new class at her school. She's been telling me she doesn't want to go to Emily's class for whatever reason (I think it's b/c there's a girl who used to be in Emmy's class who moved up to that class and Emmy thinks this girl is mean/doesn't like her, but anyway....). She's been pretty emphatic about not wanting to go to this class. The other night when I was reading to the girls, Emmy started talking about her day at school and she told me "I want to go to Emily's class." I asked her why she had changed her mind. She said "Well.... I shouldn't be talking to you about this." This, of course, peaked my curiosity. I bugged her some more about it and she said, "Well, today at school I wanted Joan to check my stamp game (a math thing) and so I went up to her and said, 'Joan, will you check my stamp game work?' and a boy from Emily's class was sitting next to her and he turned around when I said that." So I asked her what this boy had to do with her wanting to go to Emily's class an she said, "Well, I need to apologize to him." I asked why and she said very ashamedly "I need to apologize to him." I asked what she did and she said, "Well he had a kinda funny face." So I asked her if she laughed at him, or said something to him, or made fun of him or talked about him and she said she didn't. So I told her that she really didn't need to apologize to him since sometimes thoughts pop into our head that we can't control, even if they're not nice, but that it was good that she didn't make fun of him or say something mean. She lied down, still concerned and said "Well I guess I just need to apologize to myself."
My God, I hope my little girl stays so nice. She feels guilty for having a thought pop into her head that a boy looked funny. She is so aware of her feelings and the feelings of others. She is quick to stand up for her sister and knows when she's wrong and actually cares about it.
On a lighter note, my little guy took a pacifier for the second time in his life. Thank God- I hope it continues. The boy refuses to accept anything plastic- he likes it real. But seriously, it is very rare that he sleeps for more than 45 minutes at a time during the day. Maybe he'll be able to take a bottle too. I was thinking I was going to have to hold off until he would take a cup. He also sat down for several seconds on his own to watch TMX. Any other time i prop him up, he might sit for a few seconds before he goes over, but he'll sit up nice and straight (for a few seconds anyway) for Elmo.
The girls started Circus on Friday. They're doing very well and having a great time. They love performing and the crowd loves them. I'll post pictures later- they are both very darling.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
4 comments:
Awwww...your kiddos are so sweet. I just love the Dixons!
That is awesome that she is so sweet!!! It has to warm your heart!
she's so nice :]
you have really done an amazing job, leah. it's so cool to have watched your kids grow up
i love you guys <333
oh ya, i have a blogspot :I i forgot!!
Post a Comment