Shad spent the day on a field trip w/ Emmy's class :) So cute! They went to the Claremont Folk Music Center and took the Metrolink (so green). Then Shad picked Callie up early and took her to the bird farm until Emmy was out of school. Such a good daddy! I was jealous he got to have a fun day with the girls and go on Emmy's first elementary field trip, but I'm so thankful my kids have such a wonderful daddy who wants to do stuff like this with them. Emmy's made lots of big friends in her new class and learned some new bad words. She got in a fistfight w/ some boy and got a scratch on her hand. Some boy, W, stuck up for her when some other boy was "hogging the playground" and Emmy said, "You know, W is my true love" b/c he stuck up for her.
Yesterday was Callie's half-birthday. I picked the girls up from school and we went to Chili's (Callie's FAVORITE). She walked in and told them it was her birthday. We had a fun time. Callie asked me something that just blew me away. She was sitting there thinking for a minute and she said, "Mom, do you think we're in a movie? Like someone is watching us and all of this life is just a show?" Dude, kid. That's too deep for your old mom. So anyway, she's now 4 1/2 and oh so philosophical now :)
Thomas today insisted that he wear two different shoes. He brought me one shoe of two different pairs and I put them on and he thought that was so funny. He's very happy about it. Thomas is the most expressive baby I think I've ever come across. The kid really wants to communicate and does a great job of getting his point across.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
2 comments:
leah, i dont think i ever asked that question that callie asked till i was ... Like going to summit!! Thats crazy... Your kids are my kind of people. We are probably going to go to peace marches and anti- war marches together when they grow up.... *sigh* they are so cool
Oh I so thought that my family was a TV show when I was little. I was probably like 5 or 6. Regardless, that Callie sure is a smartie!
Post a Comment