So I'm on the floor playing w/ Thomas and Callie runs in and says, "Mommy, look at me!" W/ a BIG smile on her face. I look at her and see long blonde hair going down her back- I thought she had a wig on. I think quickly- which wig? which wig? what does she have on???
Then it hit me.
Ok, So I'm trying sooo hard to have a sense of humor about this. We went through this 2 years ago when Emmy thought Callie needed a haircut since Emmy got a trim and Callie didn't. Well, last week Emmy got 2 inches or so taken off of her hair and Callie was so sad that she didn't get her hair cut (the hairlady could only do one of them that day). So I've grown, I guess, as a parent. Relaxed, maybe is the better word.... Callie's last big haircut, I cried for hours.... This time, I yelled, "What did you???" and she started crying and I was able to find the humor in this. Her hair will grow.... In two years from now it'll be where it was (her hair grows oh so slowly). My poor baby....





When Callie finally looked in the mirror she was sad. I told her she would look like Kelly (Emmy's teacher) or Maryhelen (her teacher) and Emmy interjected- Peter Pan- you look like him too! and I softened the blow by suggesting Tinkerbell (though she has a pony tail... oh well) and Callie cried and said "I just want to look like Callie!" So we cleaned it up a bit and it's cute. She's so lucky she has such a cute face....


2 comments:
Her hair looks super cute!!! You're right she has a beautiful face, and would look great any way her hair was cut!
This is SO funny but I think I would want to kill Kaylee! Thanks for the laugh! She is still so pretty :)
Post a Comment