What a big week we had this week. Our girls are in separate classrooms for the first time in 2 years.
This are going okay, though Emmy's broken down crying a few times at home:( Nothing in particular is bugging her, just think it's stressful. b/c she had her teachers for 3 1/2 years and she has been ruling the class for a good while now. She's excited that she's doing science experiments now, doing timed addition facts, etc. I drove up to pick her up from school after her first and she was waiting w/ her class by the curb. I couldn't see her but heard her yelling to one of her friends from her old class who was passing by, "Guess what? I'm in elementary full time now!" She was so proud. I heard it in her voice and it made me cry. My big girl. This is quite an accomplishment for her and a major deal in her life (in mine too!). Grandma Bo remembers when she went to 1st grade, how new it was and how she wasn't used to it. I suppose Emmy will remember this last week when she's 99 too.
Emmy heard some tune somewhere and said, "Listen mom, that's Bach. We learned about him and Haydn." I said really, who's Haydn and she said, "he's one of those musical instrument guys who made 'The Surprise.'" Rock on. I didn't learn that crap until I took "Musical Appreciation" in college.
Emmy's teacher called me tonight to tell me that she's doing great in school that she's well prepared for Elementary and wanted to make sure I wasn't freaking out about all the changes and the things Em. She said Emmy kept a strong face at school and didn't act like she was stressed out about her transition. I think I'm going to like the new teacher- calling to check up on me :)
Callie hasn't mentioned much about not having Emmy there. She's said a few things- that she doesn't get Emmy to help her with her work and give her new lessons, but she's doing ok. Callie has her little group of buddies and they are a pretty tight group, so I'm thankful for that. Callie is learning exchanging (i.e., "carrying over") in her math work. She's working on learning lowercase cursive letters, matching the cursive to the print letters. Most of the kids just learn the cursive letters in school and those are the first letters they learn. She's having fun in circus, doing pyramids now and starting to get ready for the show (which is still mooonths away). I'm exhausted Tuesday and Thursday nights, but boy does she have fun.
Our little T is learning more and more new words. "Apple" and "bird" are new ones. I've been surprised lately with what he understands. I told him Gracie was going to come over and he got up and walked over to the door and hit on it excitedly- he wanted me to let her in :). I told Dooc to go to bed and he stood up and tried ot push him to go to bed and was yelling something at him, and throwing his hand around like he was telling him to go to bed. He's been giving dirty looks lately too. He's got a very big pouty look and a new mad-at-you look. He dances when he hears music and has just about got it figured out how to drink out of a cup. They grow up too fast!
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
1 comment:
You blink and they get bigger!!! Emmy I am so proud of you!!! You are such a strong smart girl, doing so well in your new class.
Post a Comment