I was working late tonite in our living room and Emmy, who should have been fast asleep, walked in and said: "Mom, you look lonely out here. You know, I'm lonely too. Do you want to come lay down with me?" Then later: "Mom, you know what? I will never tell you that I hate you. If I do tell you, I'll take it back, okay? Because I don't. I love you to infinity."
The girls stayed up late tonight planning their work for tomorrow. It was one of those nights where I just wanted to freeze my kids' kid-ness. Emmy with her little bag (that she and I sewed a few years back) that she has on her bedpost that holds a few pens and some tape. Emmy helping Callan not forget sounds as Callan wrote out her work for tomorrow.
Thomas has a little friend, Ava, in his class at school. At a recent birthday party, he followed her around and they had the best of time. At school yesterday they were sitting eating snack and she was behind him at a different table. He turned around in his chair and was watching her. His teacher told him, "Thomas, please turn around so you can eat your snack." Thomas looked at his teacher and said, "But I can't see Ava!"
I was telling Grandma Bo and Shad this story and Thomas overheard it. He started running in circles saying "I need to see Ava! I need to see Ava!" I showed him a picture of Ava on her momma's facebook page and he got so happy and tried to pull his daddy to the computer telling him, "come see Ava, Daddy. She pretty!"
Thomas came up to me one night and said, "Mamma, pet me like a dog, Mamma. Pet me!" He screamed when I laughed at him until I patted his head, then he was happy :)
I have an awful memory and I need to start writing the cute things my kids say or else I just know I'll forget. I'll wake up old and be so sad that I can't remember :( What an awful thought.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
No comments:
Post a Comment