Well things are going on around here. We've been busy with parties for our buddy Caryn and her upcoming wedding and the regular circus and school schedule.
Thomas says SOOO many words now- over 20 and he speaks so clearly. He now says "shoes", and "apple" and "all done"- just as clear as day. He's had a language explosion, I guess. Say the word a few times and he's got it and he remembers it and uses it correctly. He's such a tease and so interactive. When we're at grandma bo's house she has a basket of her knitting stuff and he's not allowed to touch it, but he does. She'll slap at his hands and he'll slap back at hers and smile and laugh all the while she's telling him "No" and laughing too. They are characters together, those two. Thomas is fascinated with brooms and Elmo and still likes to kick balls around the house or hit them around the house. Maybe the next Tiger Woods?
Callie is still having crazy dreams. A while back she'd dream about the star war characters. Her latest dream that bugged her was about a giant lady who was sleeping and Emmy thought it was her mom. Callie loves getting new lessons at school. She's learning to write her cursive letters and working on spelling words and matching written words w/ objects. Callie said to me one night that she wants to be a "deliverer" when she grows up. I asked her what she was talking about and she said, "you know, the guy that drives really slow and leaves something at the door, rings the bell and walks away? You can help me mom!" This is good. We're moving up from wanting to be a trashman (her plan was for us to be trashmen together). She also says she'd like to be a dentist. I think she has enough experience with them that she'd do just fine!
Emmy is over her marriage thing, thank God. For a week and a half or so, she was obsessed w/ what boys she was going to marry. I thought I was in for it. I've always said that I might as well change Emmy's college account into a wedding fund b/c she's always kind of been very enthralled w/ weddings. But she was picking out a husband and packing her bags to go live w/ him and his parents, and all this sort of thing. Just when I thought my baby was gone, she'd burp and say the letter "D" during a burp or do something so sweet and kiddish. She is learning ways to measure, doing reports and presenting them in class, and is oh so very social. She comes home talking like a new friend every day. Aside from talking like her friends, she's got a great hillbilly and British accent she can do. Too bad there wasn't a performing arts charter school around!
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
No comments:
Post a Comment