I found a recent conversation with Emmy especially heartwarming (especially in light of all of the new "big kid" things she does and says). She comes to me and says, "Mom, Guess what? Penny doesn't believe in fairies or magic!" I said, "oh really?" She says, "Yeah! Can you believe it? I told her she was crazy. I said, how do you think Tinkerbell flies at Disneyland without magic?" I said, "Yeah, that's true." She says, "I told her how in the heck can you tie a string to the sky? You can't tie a string to the sky, it would go into outer space."
She's told me this twice now. She's just amazed that Penny doesn't believe in Tinkerbell.
This convo makes my heart smile :) I think that my baby is lost and then she says something like this and it makes me so happy and all warm inside :)
Callie, my little friend, made a map of the world at school that's in two circle pieces, right? So I think I have it posted together and she points out North America and then tells me something else is South America. It was really me though....I thought Asia was South America b/c of how I had the thing turned. Geography was never my strong suit. The girls laughed and laughed at me and Shad wanted to know whether they taught Geography in the schools I attended. So anyway, yeah, my 4 1/2 yr old knows her continents better than I do. (In my own defense, before you start wondering how I got through high school let alone law school, had I had the map all situated correctly, I certainly would have known where south america is... swear!)
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
No comments:
Post a Comment