Saturday, December 6, 2008

bummerness

Callie said to me tonight right before she fell asleep, "Mommy are you going to have to go to Heaven tomorrow or sometime soon? I'm going to miss you, momma." I said "I don't think so, not for a long, long time, but only God knows. I want to stay here with you." She said, "Well I don't think we ever need to go to God, momma."

So how depressing is all that?

Another depressing (or reflective, depending on how you look at it, I guess) thought- I saw a little girl, about Emmy's age, at Toys R Us tonight and she was blind. I was holding Thomas and checking out and dropped my keys. Her mom asked her to help me find them and she felt on the floor and picked them up for me. Her mom told her that I was holding a baby and that's why I needed help. She asked to feel the baby so she felt Thomas and her momma said to her, "Isn't he cute, honey?" I just about fell apart. That sweet little girl.

The things that are so important that we take for granted- sight, our senses, and just being here one more day....



Soooo, on another lighthearted note, Thomas took 10 or so steps last night! He did it a few times and today he has pretty much refused to walk :) He's taken 5 or so consecutive steps, but that's about it. He's on his way though :)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ok, I have tears in my eyes right now!!! All the little things in the world that bum us out, and it could be so much harder!!

The "real" Grandma! said...

Callie must have felt God watching over her after what she went through tonight. My sweet baby, you'll feel better tomorrow and we will make the gingerbread house.

I love you guys soo much.

1
/h:sig>