Sometimes dining out with three kids is, well, a pain in the butt at times (most times). Last night we went to a nice Italian place w/ linens and crystal and all that stuff. The girls behaved well. Two things made my heart dance a bit. One was Callie dancing in between tables for a few moments, totally unaware of the other diners looking at her. The other was Emmy turning to her daddy and saying in her nicest voice, "Daddy, I'll trade you my pizza crust for some of your spaghetti".
I guess it wasn't so much what she said as how she said it. She was trying so hard to be polite and all, and said it as though she was being so adult- rather than just asking for some of his pasta, she thought she had to give up some of her food- so she offers the pizza crust she refuses to eat.
I cracked up. Moments like this make all of the pains of dining out worth it.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
1 comment:
I love your kids!
Post a Comment