Monday, April 21, 2008

San Antonio

The most memorable part of San Antonio- Ronald.
Happy Thomas (Scarface) he had three different scratches on his face that week. Finally we got his nails trimmed.... Callie at the San Antonio Zoo in the butterfly garden. She caught one!
Callie feeding the lorakeets (sp?). I was freaked out in here. She had no problem feeding these birds. It was like a horror movie to me though. I guess I have a bird phobia. I was keeping Thomas away from the birds, ready to block his eyes. I just feared birds diving at our eyes. Some crazy folks had birds all over them- I was freaked out. We got rid of our food stuff and got the heck out of there. I had to explain mommy's nerosis to Callie. I told her I just wasn't a lot of fun and that some things scared me. She thought I was funny.

My happy little guy in his cool shirt.
All of us at Riverwalk. Emmy remembered the boats from two years ago when we visited. Thankfully we talked Papa into going again b/c it sure is beautiful and we had a good time.
Callie, Tommy & Mom at the Zoo on the fun train. We went on the train before and after leaving the zoo (the train is in a park outside of the zoo). Emmy stayed back at the range to play with Sam (she's mad now that she didn't go).
Emmy, Callie and Sam, the girls' shootin' buddy. Sam is 10 weeks younger than Emmy and they've known each other since birth. Sam recently moved to Utah for the good weather. Luckily the girls get to see each other every few months at shoots.
Cadence, Emmy, Brielle and Callie. Another moved away set of friends. Cadence and Brielle moved to Austin last year. Emmy wants to move to Texas now to be close to her. So sad.

The kids and I went with Grandma and Papa to San Antonio for the Southwestern Grand. We had a great time. Callie, Thomas and I went to the San Antonio Zoo. We had a great time. Emmy stayed behind to play with her longtime friend, Sam. The girls had a visit from their Texan friends Cadence and Brielle. We went and visited the Riverwalk again where Emmy fell in the river. Luckily she didn't get hurt and she didn't fall all the way in. She was walking too close to the boat and fell between the boat and the side of the river, just getting her leg wet. When we were at the Riverwalk, we met a lady from Texas and were talking to her about where she was from. We were walking and talking to her. When she told us she was from Texas Emmy said, "Well we're from Vermont" and just kept walking. It was hilarious. The girls also did their first Build A Bear and they loved it. Emmy created a pink and white bear named Polly Emersen and Callie created a green dino named Sara Elizabeth. They dressed them in princess costumes, Callie's as Tinkerbell and Emmy's as Ariel.

On the way to Texas I learned that Emmy knows the location of more states than I do. I say this both proud and embarrassed. Geography has never been my strong suit and I vowed that my kids would learn their states. We play state games on their big state rug, play Great States Jr., they eat on a US map placemat, etc. So I'm happy to say it appears to be working- Emmy's picking up her states very well. All the ones in the middle that look the same confuse me, but she corrects me and lets me know which one is Kansas, and such.



We all had a great time. Thomas was great. He is certainly an attention getter. Everyone wants to talk about his red hair and how sweet his smile is. He is very charming. The girls sold targets here, what Emmy calls "doubles". They didn't do so well, certainly not a successful venture that the rock selling in Phoenix was. But they had fun. They made new friends and got to play with old ones. Emmy is ready to go back to school to play with her friends, Callie doesn't want to go back. Her buddy Emmett is apparently running around chasing her and yelling "blue blueberry" so this has her mad at him and she doesn't want to go play with him.





No comments:

1
/h:sig>