My baby girl is 6! Another year has passed already. Seems like yesterday I looked back on her 4th year and now I'm looking back on her 5th.
Callan at 6 is just amazing. Thinking of her makes my soul happy and brings a smile to my face. Callan cares deeply and her concern is genuine. The bonds she makes are strong ones and she cherishes them. She is intuitive and introspective. She is independent and a perfectionist. She has an intelligent, dry sense of humor, and is perceptive and wise beyond her years.
Callan is still small but she is certainly mighty. She's starting more and more to stand up for herself to others and making sure she's not getting the short end of the stick, just because she usually happens to be the shortest stick.
At 6 she likes Tinkerbell and Toy Story. She enjoys her sister's big girl shows, but she's not head over heals for pop stars. She's a great soccer player, very competitive, pushes herself hard and enjoys the payoff of hard work. She's enjoying circus again and looking forward to being a part of the "real stuff" this year. At home she plays fairies outside, takes care of her doggy, she likes playing school with Emmy and Thomas and more and more, she is the teacher (or a co-teacher w/ Emmy, at least). She likes getting wound up and being goofy too :-)
Callie always knows when I need a hug. My baby girl will come up to me and softly tell me that she loves me just when I need it most.
I can still remember the first time I saw her face in a mirror as she was born- so squishy. I wondered if I'd really love her like I loved Emmy. I wondered how I'd have the time for her. I loved her before she was born but the instance I saw her little squishy face, all of my concerns vanished. I was in love. Each day, I fall more deeply in love.
My baby girl is six now. My baby brings me so much meaning in my life. She grounds me. She slows me down. She reminds me of what life is about. She is so soft, so sweet, so true. My little buddy. I am blessed and so thankful for this beautiful day, my baby girl's birthday. Happy Birthday my Callan Elizabeth! XOXO
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
No comments:
Post a Comment