Thursday, October 1, 2009

School and Soccer are in Full Swing!




Autumn is here and we're having fun. Kids have been in school for a full month, they let me know.

Thomas had his first day of school today and had a great time! He did so well. I cried, he didn't. I picked him up and heard great stories about his morning, that he played well, did great work, held himself well with the other kids. I was very proud. When I asked about school, he got so excited. I might have been imagining things, but I think he acted differently today after school. He had a bit more confidence, like he was really a big shot. He was funny to watch. We had lunch with Bea and Grandma Bo after I picked him up from school. He was just a character at lunch.

Callan and Emmy are liking school and doing well. Callan is playing soccer this year for the first time, Emmy is playing for her third year. They both are little tigers out on the field and all they wait for all week is practice and games. They are on great teams and are enjoying the heck out of it. They're already asking to play soccer in the spring too. I hope they keep up with their interest; I think it's a great sport and great exercise.

Callan also started piano this year. She has been telling me that she didn't want to start piano until she was officially 5 years old so now she is and she's doing so well! She is so motivated (at least for now). She practices and can't wait to get to the next song. She loves it! I'm kind of learning along with her, which is fun. I don't know how long I'll be able to keep up though.

Callan had her check up a few weeks ago and she was 15% for her height, 25% for her weight. She's still so little. Emmy is 75% for weight and 50% for height, which is funny, b/c everyone always comments about how tall Emmy is- perhaps b/c she is usually standing by my shrimps Callan or Thomas?

Lately my little kids have been saying such funny things, I'll try to memorialize them here more often so I remember and have a record of them. It's fun for me to look back and read what my babies were doing at a certain time, what their interests were, what funny things they said. One that's fresh in my mind is little Callan. She woke us all up at 5 something this morning because she wanted cinnamon rolls. We kept her at bay for a while and then finally around 6, she got up and started singing songs and telling everyone to wake up, it was time to wake up. As she walked into the kitchen, she walked past the dog and she said, "Everyone, be quiet! Dooc is sleeping! Shhhhh! Quiet!" She was the only one awake and we laughed b/c she was not at all concerned with us sleeping, but the dog. The dog needs to have an uninterrupted sleep cycle. Thomas is more and more talking in 4 and 5 word sentences. He's less ornery now, which has been great. And my Emmy, she's just lately obsessed with soccer and Hannah Montana. Still a sweet, happy girl.

No comments:

1
/h:sig>