Thursday, October 16, 2008

Update

TomTom had his 9 month appt today at 9 1/2 mos :) He weighs 18lbs 3oz, he's now little- in 15-20th percentile for his age. He's average height. He nods his head no when he doesn't want something (like food) or when he doesn't want to follow you or for whatever other reason. He waives bye bye, claps to play pattycake, he says mama, dada, bye bye, sometimes what sounds like papa and, I think, Dog. He loves the little dog. He's crawling everywhere, crusing everywhere, falling down everywhere. He is standing for longer periods of time by himself, but he won't do that purposefully by himself- I have to stand him up and let him go (he loves it and yes, I catch him when he's about to fall- that's the part he loves the most, actually). He still doestn' sleep through the night (or anywhere close), but I do, and that's all that matters, right?

We are full swing into things... The girls started circus again. It's a bit more difficult this year w/ the little guy being mobile and the fact that the girls are in separate classes, so we're there from 4:30 to 6:30 two days a week and that is NO FUN for me, but the girls have a BLAST, so I'll suck it up for the team. Emmy's finishing up soccer, with practices only once a week and a game on Saturday. They are maybe still doing tennis- it's tough. I might take a break on this until circus is over. They love tennis and so do I but I'm going insane. Emmy's still doing violin (that's during class time, so it's an easy one) but she talked the teacher into splitting her lession b/t violin and piano b/c she wanted to learn how to play (thanks to Caryn who taught her " 'Tis the Season" at a recent party). Callie is our little worker lately- she's obsessed with work books. She knows almost all of her lowercase letters and their sounds and will now share her numbers with us (She's a tough one b/c she is not at all a showoff unlike another kid I know so she refuses to acknowledge that she knows something- ornery). She is writing words with the foam bathtub letters and blocks. She is doing very well and having fun doing it. Emmy's getting prepped to move up into the next level at Montessori. It will mean the girls will be in two different classes and I think it's going to be hard on both of them, but I think it'll also be good for them in some ways too. Emmy should move up at the end of the semester into a 6-9 yr old class.

So we were watching Mike Huckabee (is his name Mike?) on tv and Shad and I were commenting how nice he looks. At the same time we both said that he reminds us of Thomas when he's old. I thought it was funny we both thought the same thing. So if you want to see our vision of how our little guy will be when he's however old Huckabee is, check him out. Those cute eyes and sweet smile- how did that guy ever get into politics? Don't you just want to hug him?

I'll try to upload our pictures at some point. We've been busy!

Oh and today on the way to school Emmy tells me, "When I go to Heaven and see God, I'm going to tell Him that it's wrong for people to kill pigs and stuff and eat them." Mind you, she eats meat.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Emmy should quit that violin and focus on piano. It's way cooler. How about putting her in showbiz singing classes? I so wished I had done that. Then I'd be way more talented than I already am, you know?

karla b. said...

if emmy learns the piano or the violin, the next musical instrument will be soo much easier for her! so either way i think she is on the right path. both the piano and the violin are in the same key of C. the y just use different techniques.

i hope she stays in music FOREVER!! most kids in high school were like "i played piano when i was three" and then they give it up. sometimes it's ok, but emmy is truly talented and a quick learner. it would be nice to see her grow as a musician

i want to record her one day :]

1
/h:sig>