I had a wonderful morning with the kids today, which is surprising since I was up all night with a sick, crying Thomas and we were running behind this morning. The kids were cooperative, in good spirits and amusing. Here's a bit of our conversation this morning on the way to school:
Emmy: You know Mom, I'm so sad Caryn and Sunil got married. They are getting big so fast....
Callie: Well they have to grow up, Emmy! They have to have babies!
Emmy: I'm not having babies. I don't want a needle in my arm. I don't.
Callie: Oh, Emmy. Babies are cute! They are so cute!
Emmy: Well I'm adopting one.
Callie: Well EMMMYYYY, you eat eggs, so you're going to have a baby.
Emmy: Callie! Do you think I'm gonna have a chicken in my belly? NO! I don't eat eggs! I eat scrambled eggs! I'm not going to get a baby out of scrambled eggs!
The girls went on and on. It was cute. I tried to remember all I could b/c it's just one of those cute conversations you want to remember.
And another funny one from today , this one came after school:
Emmy: Mom, what's the difference between pea soup and roast beef?
Me: I dunno, what?
Emmy: Say 'why' mom....
Me: Why?
Emmy: Because you can't pea soup but you can roast beef.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1
No comments:
Post a Comment